Friday, September 24, 2010

Sister Flowers

A memorable childhood memory I have is during a summer when I was in the third grade. My friends and I were very bored and wanted money to buy these toys called bionicles. We decided to make a lemonade/ kool-aid stand.  So my friend Blake took a table from his house. I gathered cups and ingredients. We made a huge poster with seventy five cent lemonade and several other posters to lead to the lemonade stand. A post lady always stopped by and bought lemonade. Some days she gave us ten dollars.  We added two more people to our small business, David and Jason. This way we had a longer time to make money and we ran shifts.  But we raised the price to a dollar twenty five, since we had four peopleWe did this for several weeks making tons of money to a kid’s eye.
 When we bought the toys we were so happy Blake bought the red Bionicle, I bought the white Bionicle it had a snowboard thing. These toys had a turning knob to move the arms. They made comics and video’s of these toys, Blake and I became more consumed in this Lego toy for a long time they created monsters and mini Bionicles have battles against. Blake and I were excited when Bionicle monsters came out during the fall because we always argued who would win against whom. When leaves started to fall we created a yard care work to raise more money. Blake and I were hooked on making money. We always thought of ideas to make more money like selling gum or pencils. It makes me laugh to think what we did to get money scam kids or create a business.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Thank you for sharing!

    I am happy to say that I was not scammed! Shame on you :) However, I love money, so who is to say that I wouldn't have done it too!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete