Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Letter of Introduction

My name is Chris Reid, I graduated from Kearney High School. Not very many people have heard of Kearney it is not the biggest of town's, ever since we won state in football and basketball it put the town on the map of Missouri. I did not live in Kearney for my whole life I was born in Riverside, California. We moved to Missouri was around the age of 7 or 8. I Grew up most of my life in Excelsior springs where I went to school for most of my student career until my sophomore year, where I started school at Kearney High.
   
More personal matters of myself. My parents got a divorce around the 6th or 7th grade. It was a very hard thing for me to handle at that age and stopped talking to most of my childhood best friends. Me and my oldest sibling went through therapy but not sure if that helped me. Later on in life My father met my stepmother around the 8th grade and now I have two younger siblings who are 4 and 2. I am very grateful for having them, my mother met my stepfather around the same time as my dad and step mom. My mother had a child I am also very grateful for having him he's 2. Although I don't get to see him as much as I would like, I cherish the time we have together. All of my family is proud I am going to college and I am really looking for to learning and experiencing college

1 comment:

  1. HI Chris,

    Thank you for sharing. I can relate to what you went through pertaining to your parents' divorce. It is never easy when this happens. Unlike you, my parents divorced nearly five years ago, when I was 20. I sensed that it was coming; however, it was still difficult for me to accept. I still have trouble accepting it though.

    I have heard of Kearney, Mo. Actually, my hometown is much smaller. You might have heard of it: Cowgill, Mo. It is home to nearly 250 residents. I know, small :)

    I look forward to having you in my class.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete