Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rite of passage

I had few elderly person's of importance to me. But those few have made me into the person I am to day. My grandmother and grandfather on my Dad's side have always been there for helping raising me and my sister when my father was working and my young mother needed assistance handling two children.My grandpa had a beard that I could never forget and a scary tone in his voice when he was upset by something, my grandma has these crutches to help her walk and is very sympathetic and emotional. I have always respected them, you can watch t.v shows with them and joke around and you can go to them for support.

I remember moving from California to Missouri writing a note on a little piece of paper at the age of 7 telling my grandmother how much I missed her. She and my grandfather moved out to Missouri  I remember staying the night at their house my grandfather picking out movies or us watching football, In the mornings my grandpa and grandma would make breakfast them coffee and toast or ego waffles , for me chocolate milk and ego's. Now they recently moved to Atlanta where my unlce lives, it was a very emotional move but we are always in contact texting or phone call's, Facebook, and skype.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Thank you for sharing. You share many important details about your grandparents, but is there one specific moment that you could share with us? One time that stands out above all the rest?

    ReplyDelete